The African Federation of the Institutes of Internal
Auditors (AFIIA) in collaboration with the Institute
of Internal Auditors (IIA) Tanzania proudly invites
you to the 7th AFIIA Conference to be held in
Arusha Tanzania. AFIIA and IIA Tanzania brings
the world to Tanzania in May 2021.
This is the first ever Hybrid AFIIA Conference
that will involve both virtual and physical
experience. Participants will have opportunity to
choose either to participate virtually or in
person. However, a limited number of in person
delegates will be hosted on first come, first served
basis. All COVID-19 Protocols are complied with.
Go for your preferred option and do not afford to
Over 800 internal audit professionals from a
variety of sectors, representing Africa and
overseas are expected to attend.
Why Should I Attend?
- Experience a comprehensive program
focused on timely, global issues impacting the
- Network and exchange information on the
new, refined and innovative practices of
internal audit adopted around the world
- Earn 20 CPE credits to maintain your IIA
Certifications and meet other professional
bodies CPE requirements
- Share and discuss innovative ideas and
concepts with respected subject matter experts and practitioners from around the
- Participate in Sessions on pressing topics such
as Digitization, Agile Auditing, Governance and
Risk, culture, Fraud and corruption, Financial
services and transformational leadership.
- Engage with sponsors and exhibitors in
experiencing their latest innovative offerings to
help you succeed
Conference Topics - Snapshot
- The Politics of Internal Audit
- Auditing Culture
- The Role of IT Audit in Driving Enterprise Digital
Transformation and Innovation
- Challenges of Emerging Technologies in
- Building Data Analytics Competence. Practical
- The Next Generation of Internal Auditors
- IPPF: The License For Driving to Greatness
- Use of Data Analytics in Fraud Prevention and
Detection: Case Study of Banking and
- Case Based Learning: Enterprise Risk
Management. What Auditors Need to Change
- The Risk of Non-Financial Risks
- Project and Contract ManagementUnderstanding the Risks
- Stress Management - Finding more to Life than
- Developing Agility and Resilience in the Audit
- Revitalize Internal Audit Relationships
Who Should Attend?
Internal Auditors, External Auditors, Risk
Managers, Accountants, Audit Committee
members and other interested parties
Note that all participation fees are VAT 18%
Group Discount: Register 9 and get 1 free.
Your conference registration will afford you:
- Up to 20 CPE credits (All delegates)
- Admission to all sessions (All delegates)
- Access to lunch & daily refreshments
(In-person delegates only)
- Confirmed Gala Dinner (In-person delegates
- Official presentations (All delegates)
- Opportunities to interact with exhibitors and
sponsors in the exhibit hall (All delegates)
Additional CPE Credits
You can also get additional 12 CPE credits by
attending the Pre-conference Event on 24 - 25
May 2021 (Board & Audit Committee Forum). Note
that separate fees will be charged.
Tour: There will be a whole day tour on Saturday
29th May 2021 to the finest Ngorongoro National
Park or Tarangire and Manyara National Parks.
Should you choose to participate in a tour
additional TZS 200,000 will be charged to
Tanzanians and USD 200 to foreigners. If you have
a guest for a tour TZS 200,000 or USD 200 per
guest will be charged for Tanzanians and
Arrangements have been made for
accommodation to cater for all budgets.
Discounted rates ranging from USD 50 to USD
200 per night (including all Taxes) for a single
The major Airlines that easily come to Tanzania
include; KLM, Emirates, Quartar Airways,
Ethiopian Airways, Rwanda Air, Air Tanzania,
Uganda Air, Kenya Airways etc.
You may obtain your VISA to enter Tanzania on
arrival or through an online application for a fee of
USD 50. East African residents do not require a
VISA to enter Tanzania. The following countries
will require referral VISA, Djibouti, Chad,
Ethiopia, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Mali, Niger,
Nigeria, Senegal, Somalia, Sierra Leone and
Somali Land. For more VISA information visit
Sponsors and exhibitors
Do not miss the rare opportunity to meet internal
Auditors and decision makers from Africa. For
more information about sponsor and exhibitor opportunities please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or call
It is imperative to ensure the health and safety of
all our delegates. We will have all measures in
place including temperature screening, face
mask, hand sanitizer, proper meals
arrangements and social distance. However,
foreign delegates as per Tanzanian Government
Guideline, have the following additional
- To have their PCR Test Documents verified at
point of entry.
- To get PCR Test at a cost of USD 100 before
flying back to respective country. PCR Test
can be taken and results including certificate
be delivered within 48 hours after sample
collection. However, prior booking for
appointment is required.
We have arrangements in place to ensure that
PCR Test appointments for foreign delegates are
booked well in advance and test on arrival, to
enable them meet different Airlines’ duration
requirements for PCR Test Certificate. However,
the PCR Test fee should be paid along with the
participation fee during Event registration.
AFIIA Cancellation Policy
Cancellation charge of 20% will be charged if
written notification for cancellation is received by
30th April 2021.
No refund shall be remitted for
cancellation after 30th April 2021.
We extend a warm welcome to you and your
colleagues to be part of this premier event. AFIIA
is coming home in May 2021!